Taking EM 385-1-1: 24-hour Competent Person for Fall Protection training on the road
The added safety standards that come with military and other public sector construction projects means workers need extra training before working on-site. Safety experts at 老虎机游戏provide better value and flexibility for those workers who must meet EM 385 fall protection standards by taking that training on the road.
The EM 385 24-hour fall protection standard
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers developed the EM 385 Competent Person for Fall Protection standard for public sector jobs. The course complies with the following construction industry fall protection standards:
- 29 CFR OSHA 1926 – Safety and Health Regulations for Construction
- ANSI Z359 (2009-2017) – The Fall Protection Code
- ANSI A10.32 (2012) – Personal Fall Protection Used in Construction and Demolition Operations
- ANSI Z490.1 (2016) – Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health, and Environmental Training
Those who complete EM 385-1-1 Fall Protection training have the knowledge and skills to assess worksites, develop safe work plans and identify and correct any problems on-site. The training includes building a Fall Protection and Prevention Plan, which is a high-level plan put in place before projects begin, and acts as a roadmap for workers to follow. You will learn how to develop an Activity Hazard Analysis, which is a site-specific safety analysis designed to identify the job steps being performed within the activity or task, identify the work sequences, specific anticipated hazards, site conditions, equipment, materials, personnel and the control measures to be implemented.
EM 385-1-1 Fall Protection training offered by 老虎机游戏is spread out over three days. On the first day, students learn about the history of fall protection as well as the rules and standards that apply to EM 385-1-1. The second day is devoted to a full review of safety equipment workers will use on jobs. On the final day, students will conduct equipment inspections, develop fall protection plans for hypothetical construction projects and complete a course evaluation.
One of 老虎机游戏#8217;s authorized OSHA outreach trainers will conduct the classes which include the following specific topics:
- History of Fall Protection
- Management of Fall Hazard Risk
- Fall Protection Hierarchy
- Employee Responsibility
- Regulatory and Consensus Standard Review
- Passive Fall Protection Systems
- Warning Lines Systems
- Fall Protection for Scaffolds and Aerial Lifts
- Calculating Free Fall
- ABCD’s of Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- Fall Restraint Systems
- Work Positioning Systems
- Horizontal and Vertical Lifelines
- Suspension Trauma and Rescue
- Practicing Fall Protection Equipment Inspection
- Development of Fall Prevention Plan
- Competent Person Simulation
Better value from 老虎机游戏/h3>
EM 385-1-1 Fall Protection training is provided by a number of different industry sources, including fall protection equipment manufacturers and private construction safety consultants.
The three-day course offered by 老虎机游戏is also hundreds of dollars cheaper than courses offered by manufacturers or consultants. We’re not trying to sell anything other than the knowledge of what it takes to keep workers safe.
If you’d like more information about EM 385 Fall Protection training provided by 老虎机游戏or are interested in setting up a course, contact Kevin Moorhead at email@example.com or fill out the form below.